AOL email account with your Outlook account can help you manage your business emails. If you are thinking about how to combine AOL mail with Outlook, then through this article you will get complete information on AOL Mail Settings for Outlook.
You may have to use many email services in your professional life, but managing multiple mail accounts is difficult. Some people transfer AOL mail to another mail account such as AOL mail to Gmail account, Outlook, Yahoo, etc etc but here we are discussing how to forward AOL mail to Outlook.
Thunderbird, Outlook, or Mac Mail is a third-party email app we can install on any device, mobile, or laptop. And with the IMAP settings, you can download AOL email in any email app. The Outlook app makes it very easy to send or receive email because you are managing multiple accounts from a single account.
If you do not have an AOL account but you want to use this service, then you will have to create an account on AOL. If you are facing any difficulty in creating an account, then you will be able to create an AOL account from the step-by-step process by clicking on the link.
IMAP/SMTP Settings For AOL.Com Mail
You can download email and send mail to any email from the settings of IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) and (SMTP) Simple Mail Transfer Protocol in AOL mail before doing this you need to understand its setting.
Since most of these apps are pre-configured with the necessary Aol mail IMAP and SMTP settings, which automatically gets added to the email account.
IMAP Email Settings:
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
- Username: [email protected]
- Password: AOL email password
- IMAP Port: 993
- Encryption type: SSL
SMTP Email Settings:
The outgoing SMTP server settings for AOL mail are as follows.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- Username: full email address
- Password: AOL mail password
- SMTP Port: 465 or 587
- Encryption type: TLS or SSL
- Authentication Required: Yes
What is the Difference Between POP3 and IMAP?
Talking about IMAP and POP3 settings, IMAP is preferred more. Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows 10 Mail, Mac Mail, third-party email apps use the IMAP setting more than the POP3 setting when verifying accounts with AOL email.
If you want a read your email through the email client, then you need to know about IMAP and POP3, both are ways to connect to the mail server. When you set up an email address in an email client, then you will have to decide which setting you would like to use as an IMAP or POP3.
POP3 : Downloads your email from the server to the client email. It does not delete the email unless an email copy is stored on an email client.
IMAP : The IMAP can also download emails from its settings but it can be accessed from the internet only because the email data is on the server.
AOL Mail Settings For Outlook 365, 2013, 2010
In this section, you will learn how to download AOL email in Outlook. You can easily do the below-given points by following step by step.
- Open the Outlook and click the File menu.
- Select the Add Account option.
- Automatic set up AOL Mail Account, Enter your Email address and click the Connect button.
- Again Enter your AOL email Password.
If you wanted to connect your account with Outlook by manually setting the IMAP and SMTP, then follow the steps given below.
- Click the Advanced options link.
- And then Click the checkbox and set up my account manually option.
- Now, click the Connect button.
- After that you will show in the account type window, select IMAP.
- In the next window, Enter the incoming and outgoing mail server and port details.
- Click the Next button.
- Add your AOL email password and click Connect.
- When the mail account setup is complete, click the OK button.
Finally, you have configured the AOL mail from Outlook 365, 2013, 2010 email clients.